Subject: [Leica] Tips for M8 IR photography?
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2020 12:38:11 +0200

Hi Peter,

I use my M8 quite a bit for IR, mainly with my Heliopan 695 and 715 filters
(I don?t know how they relate to your R72). In keeping with our late mentor
Ted?s maxim, I follow the KISS principle. I just let the M8 meter; if I
don?t like the result, I change the exposure accordingly. This is one
instance where being able to review the image instantly is very helpful. I
tend to shoot at f8 (obviously, I only shoot IR on sunny days), and with
those filters, exposures tend to be in the 1/30-1/60 range, so perfectly
hand-holdable with a 35 or 28mm lens.

I also do not bother with focus adjustments. I cound on the small offset
being covered by the DOF of the lens, and anyway, IR photography is not
about absolute sharpness.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman

Alicante, Spain
<http://nathansmusings.wordpress.com/>

YNWA

"I?m not arguing, I?m just explaining why I?m right"