Subject: [Leica] Comet Neowise attack - Shock and Awe!!
From: leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2020 12:32:09 -0700

The time was right last night.  We live in an E/W valley, so it is hard to
find a place to see to the North down low enough to get close to the true
horizon.  The comet is only about 10 degrees above that.  It was windy, so
holding the tripod still was going to be a problem, but I had weights. So, I
brought an overkill arsenal of lenses to launch my attack.  Here are the
results.

First attack was with the best zoom I have:  The Leica 35-70/4 set to 70mm
for maximum effect.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/d/491054-1/Comet+Neowise-5771.jpg

After wearing down the defenses I switched to the Nikon 70-200/4 set to 200
for pinpoint accuracy.  Wind was a problem with this lens set to max zoom.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/n/Comet+Neowise-5773.jpg.html

Time for the best lens I have, the 100/2.8 APO.  Pick the nits off a fly's
rump with that one.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/d/491063-1/Comet+Neowise-5785.jpg

And again:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/d/491067-1/Comet+Neowise-5783.jpg

Almost done.  The enemy is in retreat.  I though I'd let the Q2 do the
mop-up.  I was impressed.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/d/491071-1/Comet+Neowise-1000064.jpg

For those curious, here is a sever crop of 3.1MP from the 47MP file
http://gallery.leica-users.org/d/491075-1/Comet+Neowise-1000064-2.jpg

Comments welcome

Aram Langhans
(Semi) Retired Science Teacher
& Unemployed photographer

would ever have dared dream.? James D. Watson

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Comet Neowise attack - Shock and Awe!!)