Subject: [Leica] Santa Monica is oh so fine
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2020 07:39:18 -0500

Interesting you should ask.   The Bengal Tiger holds a fascination for
Americans, I think because it is thought to be the fiercest cat.

Louisiana State University and Grambling State University in Louisiana
(historically an African-Amerian school) both portray the Tiger as their
emblem.

The famous (to us) Joe Borough American footballer has graduated LSU and is
going to play for the Cincinnati Bengals.

We actually keep more captive tigers (about 5000) in the U.S. than live in
the wild. That's not a happy statistic from either point of view.  Many are
NOT in zoos.

We like our Tigers.

By the way, the awesome Jayanard image of a tiger at the water is now on
display in our Library Reference Department.  Our head of reference uses
"tigerprofessor" in her email address!

Regards,

Sonny
http://sonc.com <http://sonc.com/look/>