Subject: [Leica] IMGs x 5: The CoVid Chronicles 43
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2020 12:08:09 +0100

Thanks Jayanand and Jim, due to this persistent sore throat, I lost my
interest in picking up a camera for a while.

I was also swept up in fighting a gigantic planning application for an
old house on nearly four hectares just down the road that emerged during
lockdown. Completely out of character with this old village and ripping
the ecological heart of the area, we had to get people activated to get
coherent opposition to this proposed desert of cement and glass, and get
written protests in by the 18th inst. We managed it, but first I found
myself starting a residents association and ending up chairman of of it.
You know that old story of going to play poker and looking around the
table for the obvious sucker. If you don't see the sucker, you're it :-)

Anyway, we have to wait to see what An Bord Plean?la decides in
September, so I hope it isn't the cluster of blocks including one of
nine storeys that the developers want. In the interim, I also hope to
sort out my throat when private medicine reopens in July and my ENT
appointment happens, but I've decided to go back to trying to take
photos again.

Douglas