Subject: [Leica] More Nerdy stuff.... Sony A7 with Leica lenses.
From: roark.paul at gmail.com (Paul Roark)
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2020 11:10:38 -0700

Hi Frank,

Although I almost never use filters (in part because black and white prints
are my target, using a Sony a7r--), when I did, I undertook a lot of
testing to optimize the image.  Although this testing was about 20 years
ago, I found that, among those I tested, only the German B+W and (another
German filter maker I'm not seeing these days and whose name I've
forgotten) did not cause any reduction of image resolution.  For most
photography, they're probably all fine, but for those doing large prints
where image quality across the frame can be critical, you might want to
look into this potential source of image degradation.

Paul
www.PaulRoark.com

On Mon, Jun 1, 2020 at 10:08 AM Frank Filippone via LUG <lug at
leica-users.org>