Subject: [Leica] IMG : Ladies working on the nets
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Tue, 12 May 2020 12:37:24 +0100

Nice one, Philippe, what camera did you use?

I was in Spain in '76 (ok Catalunya) in Arenys de Mar just north of
Barcelona and I'd almost swear you saw this sort of sight there too.
However, in Ireland, in fishing ports like Schull, it seemed to be the
men doing net repairing.? I was working in a bank in Ireland at the time
and we had a major bank strike in '76, and unlike the other major one in
'70, this time I went abroad and spent some time in Majorca, then Arenys
until I ran out of money and had to go to Ireland's fellow EEC member
France to work in a restaurant - no jobs in Spain at the time.

In the '70 strike, I had used the dinghy we had down in my parent's
holiday home in West Cork, to put down lobster pots, so I was a bit of a
fisherman myself. Those lobsters went to Paris I was told.

Keep posting and keep safe.

Douglas