Subject: [Leica] A bias when collecting photographs
From: rclompus at mac.com (Richard Clompus)
Date: Sat, 2 May 2020 08:59:32 -0700

I?ve purchased fine art photographs from galleries over the years from
photographers that have excited me.  Usually they are from photographers
that I read about during my college years.   I?d love to have a silver
halide print from Henri Cartier-Bresson or Eugene Smith but at $30,000 USD,
they are out of my league and only a dream.

Even though there are really nice looking fine art b&w prints from ink jet
pigments, I somehow don?t give them as much respect as a silver print when
purchasing as a fine art print for my walls.

Does anyone else have this bias?

Be well,
Richard

Richard Clompus