Subject: [Leica] My unconfined today walk - "faire chanter"
From: j2m46 at hotmail.fr (Jean-Michel Mertz)
Date: Tue, 5 May 2020 12:12:19 +0000

Blackmailing / "faire chanter" ... the allusion is obvious in the French
language. But as well as it is common to make a musical instrument "sing" -
strings specifically, "faire chanter les cordes," ... I believe using the
expression in the field of photography, and as a reference to Lluis,
provides for a wonderful image! JM

Jean-Michel Mertz
68750 - Bergheim

________________________________
De : LUG <lug-bounces+j2m46=hotmail.fr at leica-users.org> de la part de
Brian Reid <reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Envoy? : mardi 5 mai 2020 07:16
? : Leica Users Group <lug at leica-users.org>
Objet : Re: [Leica] My unconfined today walk

To avoid causing Lluis the embarrassment of having to explain, I should
confess that I liked his work so much that I gave him my Noctilux. I
realized that I hadn't used it in 20 years, and knew that he could make
it sing.

(Pour ?viter ? Lluis d'avoir ? expliquer, je dois admettre que j'ai
tellement aim? ses photos que je lui ai donn? mon Nocti. J'ai r?alis?
que je ne l'avais pas utilis? pendant 20 ans et je savais qu'il pouvait
le faire chanter l'op?ra.)

I note that the direct French translation of "make it sing", "le faire
chanter", is a figure of speech implying Mafia and not music. But I am
pretty sure that, like me, Lluis loves opera.