Subject: [Leica] IMGs x 10: The CoVid Chronicles 27
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sun, 3 May 2020 17:04:32 -0500

My fair city is going about increasing density in a far more devious
fashion.  By putting the whole city into play local concerns are put into
the NIMBY category and dismissed.  Instead of asking a local variance for
each case of density increase or change of zoning they just handed the
whole city to developers.  So rejoice that at least your local council must
face the citizens on their decision.

Now the chestnut blossoms, the American Chestnut Foundation has done some
genetic tinkering to make the American Chestnut immune to the blight that
vastly diminished this species from N. America(roots remain alive and keep
sending up sprouts which then succumb to the blight).  I can only hope that
they start spreading their GMO throughout the SE as it was the primary food
source for many species and was partly responsible for the decline of
several states GDP for decades as oak trees predominantly grew in to
replace the chestnut.