Subject: [Leica] IMGs x 10: The CoVid Chronicles 27
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Sun, 3 May 2020 22:14:24 +0100

Results of my stroll on the 30th April which are mainly architectural as
people were thin on the ground. All taken with my Sony A7II with 35/2.8
Samyang and can be seen larger if desired.

A glimpse of the sea with a lone cyclist at the end of Seafield Avenue,
Monkstown.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DouglasBray/CoVid-19/CV19_A+glimpse+of+sea+at+the+top+of+Seafield+Avenue.jpg.html

The new extension to Euston Lodge has worked well. Monkstown Road.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DouglasBray/CoVid-19/CV19_The+newly+extended+Euston+Lodge+on+Monkstown+Road.jpg.html

------------------------------

This section is devoted to something that has shocked a fair number of
the Monktonian denizens including myself. Dalguise a very old house in
the village which is on a massive 3.66 hectares (9 acres) is about to
get a mix of 300 apartments and houses on its land if the planners agree
and give in to the developer. The house which is on the six inch to the
mile 1834 Ordnance Survey map has a long history and has a wonderful
walled garden which is still in its original layout. As this development
has the potential to put nearly an extra 1,100 people into the village,
there has been a great deal unhappiness regarding the capability of
sewage disposal, parking, and all the other sundry areas of concern.
Meetings of objectors and dubious denizenry are already happening. I was
at a Zoom one on Thursday night.

The old gate lodge to Dalguise, Monkstown Road.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DouglasBray/CoVid-19/CV19_Gate+lodge+of+Dalguise_+Monkstown+Road.jpg.html

Looking up the drive of Dalguise, Monkstown Road.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DouglasBray/CoVid-19/CV19_Entrance+gates+of+Dalguise_+Monkstown+Road.jpg.html

The demise of the last untouched estate on the Monkstown Road is
signalled on this Planning Permission Notice. 300 new dwellings.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DouglasBray/CoVid-19/CV19_Planning+Notice+at+Dalguise.jpg.html

Gate pillar to Dalguise, Monkstown Road.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DouglasBray/CoVid-19/CV19_Gate+pillar+of+Dalguise_+Monkstown+Road.jpg.html

---------------------------

Nice ironwork on the gates to Beauparc, Monkstown Road.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DouglasBray/CoVid-19/CV19_Gates+of+Beauparc_+Monkstown+Road.jpg.html

CoVid notice on a Monkstown Road bus stop.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DouglasBray/CoVid-19/CV19_Notice+on+bus+stop+on+the+Monkstown+Road_.jpg.html

First time that there hasn't been a car or a white van in front of no.
43 Montpelier Parade. However, with the tree, it's impossible to get all
the frontage in.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DouglasBray/CoVid-19/CV19_43+Montpelier+Parade.jpg.html

Fallen chestnut blossoms on Montpelier Parade beside one of its c1798
hitching posts.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DouglasBray/CoVid-19/CV19_Chestnut+blossoms+and+hitching+post+Montpelier+Parade.jpg.html

Comments and criticisms welcome.

Douglas