Subject: [Leica] Things I learned from Ted
From: taylor.r.s at icloud.com (Richard S Taylor)
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2020 15:33:56 -0400

As a recent re-joiner myself and a big fan of Ted?s from all the Park Square
Camera meetings I attended on Cape Cod, let me add my own thoughts.

?You can?t fix a bad photo in Photoshop,? he would say. ?Get it in the
camera."

"Shoot from the shadow side.? ?Don?t cut off feet and elbows.? ?Fill the
frame.? ?In complex photos, make sure there is something simple to catch the
eye.?  A mast coming out of your subject?s head is a definite no-no, as
someone just mentioned, or, as in a recent photo of my son where I didn?t
pay attention, a tiny women seemingly coming out of a tequila bottle on our
table.  Definitely bad?and no fair taking it out in Photoshop, either.  His
constant attention to image details makes me scrub every picture for
extraneous stuff: beer cans, splotches of light, annoying background
objects, whatever.

These rules are in my head so firmly that in any situation involving
photography they have a tendency to flow out of my mouth easily, so much so
that I fear becoming a bore about it.

Someone here has already said that he thinks about Ted every time he takes a
picture.  Me too.  Ted - you will be in my thoughts and I wish you peace.

Dick