Subject: [Leica] IMGS: Depression +
From: j2m46 at hotmail.fr (Jean-Michel Mertz)
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2020 14:39:29 +0000

I find it difficult to see differences in mood between this new bunch and
the others. For sure, the new ones clearly show your empathy towards the
people you're photographing, though you're not simply taking a picture,
there's a genuine conversation going on there and one can feel it. Well, I
do.
Also, there's no opposition between your colour and b&w pictures, the way
you make us of colour is to me quite abstract because you create a distance
between the viewer and the story that's unfolding. That applies to
landscapes too - as if they were still lifes.

I believe there are images that carry a spark of the divine. Yours do.
Jean-Michel Mertz
68750 - Bergheim

De : LUG <lug-bounces+j2m46=hotmail.fr at leica-users.org> de la part de
Tina Manley via LUG <lug at leica-users.org>