Subject: [Leica] Trouble with Catalina and Lightroom 3.6
From: peter.cheyne at gmail.com (Peter Cheyne)
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2020 16:35:06 +0900

Since updating my Mac OS to Catalina, although Lightroom 3.6 still works,
every time I restart the computer, I?m told that LR 3.6 ?may damage? my
Mac. So, I keep the LR 3.6 disc image on my computer and have to reinstall
it every time.

Is there a way to get Catalina to accept LR 3.6 for keeps?

I?m not interested in buying new software. LR 3.6 was the software that
came with my Leica M9. Is there any free software that the LUGgers could
recommend? I tried Picassa years ago and thought it was OK, but still
preferred Lightroom. My requirements are basic: tweaking levels (LR?s
?recovery? sl;ider is useful, as is the one for increasing blacks), colour
adjustments, and light sharpening sometimes. I can live without that last.

Thanks for reading,

Peter

Replies: Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] Trouble with Catalina and Lightroom 3.6)
Reply from photo.philippe.amard at gmail.com (Philippe) ([Leica] Trouble with Catalina and Lightroom 3.6)