Subject: [Leica] Pedestrian Tunnel
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2020 07:51:37 -0500

I walked to 3rd Grade in 1959 under Green Bay road @ Vernon Ave in Glencoe a
North Shore suburb of Chicago in a funky pedestrian tunnel seemingly made
for kids it was kind of fun. It's filled in now darn it!  It would have been
a great place to get beat up by "big kids" but I lucked out.  I miss it. And
I miss Pops who was the crossing guard despite the fact that we were
crossing in a tunnel.  I suppose he made sure some of the kids didn?t
chicken out going down into the tunnel and dart into traffic? It was a brick
staircase going into a hole. No wooden things like in Don's pic here.

--

Mark William Rabiner
Photographer

?On 2/19/20, 6:53 AM, "LUG on behalf of Don Dory via LUG"
<lug-bounces+mark=rabinergroup.com at leica-users.org on behalf of lug at
leica-users.org> wrote:

    It would be very useful today for pedestrian traffic to avoid the tracks.
    Probably a legal liability to have open and responsible for what happens
in
    the tunnel.

    On Tue, Feb 18, 2020 at 10:52 PM CartersXRd via LUG <lug at
leica-users.org>

    --
    Don
    don.dory at gmail.com