Subject: [Leica] IMG: Intermission activity
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2020 00:50:29 +0000

Went to the Moscow City Ballet's performance of Swan Lake at the
Ireland's current largest theatre - The Bord Gais Energy Theatre - on
Grand Canal Dock in Dublin last Tuesday. The building? was designed by
Daniel Libeskind and seats over 2,000 people, but size wise is a pale
shadow of the old Theatre Royal which seated nearly 4,000. Needless to
say, no photography is allowed during the performance which is a pity as
the symmetry of the company was mesmerising.

Anyway, here's a shot of the stalls during the intermission with most of
the audience having bolted to the bar.? Shot with my iPhone 5S - have to
get a better phone...

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DouglasBray/iPhone/BGE+Theatre+feb+20.jpg.html

Next cultural outing is at the end of the month in a far smaller theatre
(one tenth of the size) back in my old stamping ground in Bray. I'm
going to see my old neighbour Francesco Turrisi - a multi genred, multi
instrumentalist - who's back from the US where he has been involved with
Rhiannon Giddens over on your side of the pond. He's playing the piano,
but he does a lot of other things as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1CNZnYU9co

Douglas