Subject: [Leica] Was Leica Book 2019 Pix in; Now Mark, what about crop sensors?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2020 04:27:37 -0500

My Rollei 35 is in a red Ikea cabinet 3 feet from me on my right with my
Rolleiflex 2.8F though I've not fondled it for quite a while.
The batteries which would work when I got it had no mercury in them. Others
ordered the mercury one from Europe.
I was able to get them in couple of local old fashioned Portland OR camera
stores.
Would be great if you could still get them I have all kinds of gear which if
I ever thought about using them again the no longer made battery would be
the frustrating end issue. I just hope mine has not leaked into my camera.
What's the point of having a non-working camera which does not work?
I wore it on my belt it was small, heavy and always there. A few times I
forgot it was there and the pictures went by. I had a waistline then.
My camera which I got from a repair shot in Beaverton Oregon in the early
1990's not far from the Nike campus was one of the very first made  and came
with the 3.5 Tessar lens. This entire early run camera and lens made in
Germany. But soon it was turned over to a factory in Singapore which did a
respected job making the ones with the 2.8 Sonnar.
I had to special order an 060 yellow green filter for it as that?s what I
mainly used from the B&W filter company itself. I'd never done a thing like
that I hate the mail. It was no longer made in the popular filter size of
M25x0.5.!  They made it for me in a couple of weeks and did not charge me
through the nose shipping included.
The Rollei 35 was called a life support system for a 35mm cassette... which
ran backwards through the body.
The negs I exposed with it mainly Neopan 1600 in Xtol  I'd blow up to  16x20
or 20x24 in my darkroom and stand right next to a print I made with a full
size camera/lens and you'd have no reason to know. That?s because the film
format was not stupidly small and the lens worthy of envy.
I could go on a few more paragraphs on my love of my Rollei 35 it was why I
got into Leica. The rangefinder which never blinked... but I won't say
another word.

--

Mark William Rabiner
Photographer

?On 2/13/20, 2:43 AM, "LUG on behalf of Brian Reid"
<lug-bounces+mark=rabinergroup.com at leica-users.org on behalf of reid at
mejac.palo-alto.ca.us> wrote:

    I loved my Rollei 35. Tiny full-frame wonder.
    I still have it, but stopped using it when the battery supply ended.