Subject: [Leica] Recommendations for learning Capture One
From: abridge at mac.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2020 12:02:47 -0800

Welllllll?.the problem I have stems from the digital age and my own
propensity to miss the decisive moment.

I like to take pictures at basketball games. I take my X-T3. Since I sit
very close I can shoot with a 16-55mm lens. I?ve tried shooting in just JPEG
but for ?reasons? I find that shooting in RAW works better. I shoot in burst
mode which on this camera is 20 fps. I take a LOT of photos during a game.
THOUSANDS. Reviewing them to find the photos I want takes time. Lightroom
doesn?t do this particularly well nor does it do well demosaicing the Fuji
files. (JPEG is faster but the skimming through so many images isn?t faster).

So that?s my use case. It?s clearly not yours. What I?m doing is unthinkable
from the film days. But it?s how I get images I like and which others find
enjoyable.

After I select the images that I find useful I delete the others after a few
weeks because having a lot of big files isn?t cost effective.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. The joy of the LUG is hearing how people
think and see, how they make their art.

Best!

Adam