Subject: [Leica] Winter in Stone Mountain Park
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2020 15:41:56 -0600

Your image is why I am conflicted about the monochrome.  I can feel the
color as I have taken many similar images for the same reason you did.  I
can "see" the light gold of the leaves just beginning to grey out and fall
eventually; but I think most will not see that in B&W.  If I have a camera
capable of color then I have the choice of how to present the feeling i
have; with a monochrome that choice is gone.

The kicker is that more and more of my images translate into B&W as I both
simplify the message and listen to lectures by Ted about avoiding color
unless color really adds to the image and the message that it needs support
with color.  I think that the new M10 monochrome is in my future but I will
be forced to walk around with two bodies as sometimes color needs to be.

In any case thank you for posting your images, all too few of us
exercise our shutter buttons publicly.