Subject: [Leica] Tuesday Trees
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2020 22:25:11 -0600

Greetings to all.  On the University of Texas campus there are a lot of
live oaks dating back 100 years or so, especially near the Law School on
the northern part of the old campus.  Sometimes the ordinary becomes
interesting at F1:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Tuesday+Trees/multiple+ys.jpg.html

In the same part of campus but closer to the LBJ library we find some oaks
with reach:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Tuesday+Trees/ttentacles.jpg.html

Moving to the Padernales river basin we find evidence of some radical
changes.  This line of cypress is matched by some across the stream bed.
This part of Austin is in the hill country which is a distinct change in
geography.  To the north and east just a few kilometers is black prairie.
The Padernales geographic region is very rocky, part of an ancient sea
bottom with very thin soils and vast limestone beds just under the soil.
So rain runs off quickly bringing surging high water, however it hasn't
rained in a while so the river is just a trickle.  In any case, the remains
of the day:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Tuesday+Trees/Cypress+on+the+Padernales.jpg.html

all the best.

--