Subject: [Leica] Steve - his photos - and how to get access to them
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2020 19:07:15 -0800

I don't think this is the best idea. I am willing to be the person who
goes in to Steve's account and gets the pictures out, but I'm not the
right long-term keeper of them. I'm 70. I use old technology. I've been
making sure that a couple of my children have access to my own passwords
and logins, and they'd be baffled if they found passwords for something
that is not mine.

The LUG is 20% of the size that it was when Steve started assembling
that collection of pictures. People fade away, but since it is email
based and Leica centric, new people don't join. Facebook and Instagram
and TikTok and Google Groups are where the action is nowadays. I'd bet
that the youngest active LUG participant is older than 50.

The ideal place to keep them would be a wiki-like thing that could be
updated by any member. But I don't have one of those and I'm fresh out
of ideas for how to create one.