Subject: [Leica] IMG: Local TV Channels
From: bmwred735i at gmail.com (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2020 09:13:56 -1000

I was peripherally involved in the Cable business, and especially in the
area of how many channels is enough......
When Digital TV became available, the thought was to have a gazillion
channels always playing.
The question of WHAT those channels were (Programming hours) was put on the
back burner, as it was not marketing positive......
After all, how many people want to see reruns of Bonanza 24/7/365?  Little
Rascals?  etc.

A channel to show trains moving by a fixed camera is a good example of
using BW because it is there.....

I am NOT knocking your enjoyment of this, only the concept that ANYTHING
and EVERYTHING is interesting.......to EVERYONE so why not offer it.....

As I sit in Kauai, looking at our local programming, there are 2500
channels.........A lot of which are high school girls soccer, boys
football, College basketball, ETC.
This is progress?????

Frank FIlippone
BMWRed735i at gmail.com