Subject: [Leica] Nikon Z50: 3 Dog Photos, 2 Others
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 01 Jan 2020 04:33:14 -0500

With the lenses stabilized, VR they don?t need to be fast to get the shot so
they can be very compact and have a small variable aperture. So there's a
lot of glass out there like that now which is "kit glass" the masses use
them and so do I.
The kit lens for this camera is normally the new  Z DX 16-50mm f/3.5-6.3 VR
which is the lightest most compact lens in the history of the Milky Way. I'd
get the camera so I could use this lens the total "kit" (if I was a Brit
which I'm not) would weigh half of the D500 I'm shooting now and be quite a
relief on my shoulder and entire system of tendons and nerves and bones all
of which are shot.
I got all these compact lightweight, cheap and pretty sharp lenses to shoot
with my DX cropped D500 only to end up shooting with full frame 1.8G's with
them. They are bigger and heavier .but the camera is not that small and
light in the first place. The Z50 is very small and light but when you're in
the mood to be a big serious you can put any of the Z full frame glass on it
and many of them would not make it all that front heavy but sharp as heck
and don?t need to feel like you're using cheap glass.
I?m pretty sure I'll be getting the Z50 with a Z DX 16-50mm f/3.5-6.3 VR
they throw in the box for chump change in the next season. It will be a
relief to have far less weight in my Billingham Pro I always have at my
side. I might even switch to a Billingham Pro Small and read smaller
paperbacks to fit in the front pocket.
Happy New Decade.
--

Mark William Rabiner

?On 12/31/19, 4:01 PM, "LUG on behalf of Robert Baron via LUG"
<lug-bounces+mark=rabinergroup.com at leica-users.org on behalf of lug at
leica-users.org> wrote:

    Due to (mostly) age related physical infirmities I'm experimenting with
    smaller, lighter, less expensive autofocus gear.  Last week I rented a
    Nikon Z50 with the two lens kit from lensrentals.com.  Here are three dog
    shots:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Bob+Baron/Dogs/W_DSC_0116c1Jackie.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Bob+Baron/Dogs/W_DSC_0100c1GradyForest.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Bob+Baron/Dogs/W_DSC_0106c1Molly.jpg.html

    I'm not fully convinced it's the camera for me....not full frame yet not
    pocketable.....the two lenses are very slow....the autofocus is therefore
    iffy....but I do like the Kodachrome colors that Nikons produce (thanks,
    Paul Simon):

    http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Bob+Baron/W_DSC_0157c1Church.jpg.html

    http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Bob+Baron/W_DSC_0146PennSqMall.jpg.html

    c&c always welcome.