Subject: [Leica] A plug for ACRATECH ... tripod ball heads.....
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2019 08:34:48 +0530

I have been using a lightweight Arcatech GPSS ball head for some time now
on the rare occasions I use a tripod, replacing my RRS BH55 as my kit got
lighter. The big advantage of the Arcatech GP series is that if you reverse
mount it, it functions as a gimbal head well enough to be useful. Did I
mention that the GPSS weighs less than one pound?

The Arcatech gets paired up with either my Gitzo 3 series, or more likely
the Sirui 2204 (I think) which can take a 26lbs load while weighing just
3lbs. If I were buying a heavyweight tripod today, I would never look at
Gitzo/RRS, Sirui is the brand I would buy - incredible bang for the buck
and robustly manufactured.

Cheers
Jayanand

On Wed, Dec 18, 2019 at 1:57 AM Frank Filippone via LUG <lug at
leica-users.org>