Subject: [Leica] SL2 arrived
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2019 16:29:25 -0600

Hi Doug,
I would suggest you rent a Sony A7RIV before you leap back into Leica.  I
say this as both cameras are relatively equal in performance with a nod to
the Sony for larger files, better high ISO performance and a smaller body.
Not by much but you have a substantial investment in lenses at this point.
I have adapted a lot of lenses to other bodies and the native mount is
always the best; there is always some loss in the translation.

Personally, I am waiting for the M11 with the higher count sensor as I have
rediscovered my love for the M's and being able to walk with a widish lens
that crops into a telephoto improves spontaneity and lightens the load on
my shoulder.  I fully recognize the burden of high MP files versus the 24
of an M10 but memory on multiply redundant drives is cheap compared to an
APO Summicron or Noctilux or 21 Summilux.