Subject: [Leica] M3 information
From: hlritter at bex.net (Howard L Ritter Jr)
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2019 09:28:21 -0500

Thanks for the link, Nathan. Now I know that my own M3 (DS, also with DR
Summicron, eyes, and Leicameter) comes from a batch of 3250 produced in Q1
1958. I became the caretaker of this kit when I bought it from a camera shop
in Wiesbaden while I was stationed there in the early ?80s.

Seems as though it may have ~tripled in value in 37 years. 3% annual
appreciation isn?t much of an investment, so good thing it?s long since
become part of my life and will remain a family heirloom, thanks to my son
the photographer.

?howard