Subject: [Leica] M3 information
From: leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram)
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2019 00:04:17 +0000

Hi.  A friend of mine knows a friend who knows a person who has a nice M3
single throw, with case, 50/2 dual range lens and MC meter attached and a
case left to her by her late husband.  I think he is was the original owner.
Through that chain, it found me as the only person she knows who is familiar
with Leica, but my experience is R based, not M based.  I checked it out and
it seems to be in fine, make that very fine condition.  I could not figure
out the lightmeter, but it did respond to light.  It was really fun handling
such a nice piece of gear.  At any rate, the second person in the chain said
he would help the first person in the chain sell it, but I have no idea what
to say it is worth other than what I have seen on E-bay.  My guess is around
$90-$1000 for the body, $600 for the lens as it lacks the goggles, maybe $85
for the meter and maybe $30 for the case?  Am I way off base or does this
sound reasonable?

Aram

Aram Langhans
(Semi) Retired Science Teacher
& Unemployed photographer

would ever have dared dream.? James D. Watson

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] M3 information)
Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] M3 information)