Subject: [Leica] Buenos Aires 2
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2019 07:24:03 +0530

The second installment of Buenos Aires photographs is up. This mainly
consists of two locations. Firstly, the iconic La Recoleta Cemetery, where,
most famously, Eva Peron is interred, together with droves of Argentina's
rich and powerful over the decades, which is part cemetery and part
Disneyland - the only cemetery I have ever been to where children run
around playing as if it were a park, without a care in the world,
unburdened with the lingering traces of ghosts. Maybe it is a public park
at that, judging the atmosphere is so sunny, festive and light.!

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/SGF/BA/South+Georgia-20191005-14716.jpg.html

Conversation:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/SGF/BA/South+Georgia-20191005-14722.jpg.html

Modern Times:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/SGF/BA/South+Georgia-20191006-14764.jpg.html

Portrait (at Eva Peron's grave):
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/SGF/BA/South+Georgia-20191005-14746.jpg.html

Looksee:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/SGF/BA/South+Georgia-20191005-14747.jpg.html

Impatience:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/SGF/BA/South+Georgia-20191005-14727.jpg.html

Curiosity:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/SGF/BA/South+Georgia-20191005-14755.jpg.html

We were supposed to go to Mendoza, the wine growing heart of Argentina, but
a pilot's strike put paid to that. So we stayed on in Buenos Aires, went to
a soccer match featuring River Plate, one of Argentina's top two teams. I
did not take a camera with me into a crowd of 70,000 screaming supporters,
but it was an experience, all the same. Walking back to the vehicle, in the
night, in the midst of 25,000 singing fans gives me the goose pimples even
today, when I think about it. The other place where we spent some time was
at a local flea market, which was great fun:

Shop:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/SGF/BA/South+Georgia-20191006-14777.jpg.html

Craftsman:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/SGF/BA/South+Georgia-20191006-14781.jpg.html

Pose:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/SGF/BA/South+Georgia-20191006-14790.jpg.html

Tango:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/SGF/BA/South+Georgia-20191006-14933.jpg.html

The last photograph of this set can be put down to serendipity, so
important when exploring a city on foot. The four of us walked into a wine
bar for a refreshing glass, only to find that it was run by two youngsters,
and had opened only the day before. We found it to be a most agreeable, and
well priced place, and asked Mathieu, the young bartender, to arrange a
wine tasting (for missing Mendoza!) the next day. This is Mathieu in his
environs:

Mathieu:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/SGF/BA/South+Georgia-20191005-14667.jpg.html

Please see LARGE

Comments and criticism, as ever, welcome!

Cheers
Jayanand

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] Buenos Aires 2)
Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Buenos Aires 2)