Subject: [Leica] URL: you couldn’t make it up....
From: benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney)
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2019 12:40:34 +1030

Those Leica wicker baskets are absolute rubbish.  The Nikon baskets
are woven from special, stronger and lighter Japanese bamboo and have
carbon fibre handle reinforcing, much better than the heavy old fashioned
wicker and brass that Leica uses.  Sonyrumours.com even predicts that Sony
will have magnetic closing and RFID-blocking technology in their camera
baskets starting winter 2019.  The brown trim near the bottom of the Leica
basket just emphasizes that this is your grandmas camera bag and the colour
schemes, well, those were clearly thought up by Oskar Barnack's great-great
granddaughter who is well known (I saw it on PetaPixel) to be obsessed with
My Little Pony.

Leica can't even make a coffee cup with a handle
https://lfi-online.de/ceemes/en/shop/leica-kaffeebecher-style-grey-1000215.html
for Pete's sake, so I guess what would you expect?  One star out of five.