Subject: [Leica] IMG: Oktoberfest, the full gallery (and with no garish colours)
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2019 07:21:21 +0200

I was at Munich?s Oktoberfest for a couple of hours on Monday night. The
event is easy to photograph in one sense?it is easy to find subjects, most
of the time people do not mind being photographed?but the subsequent
post-processing is a real challenge because of the mix of light of various
colours. It is especially difficult to get the skin tones right in many
cases. The obvious solution: show the event in black & white. What is
important in the photos are the expressions of the people, the colours are
secondary in my opinion. So here are 39 images of people having fun, for the
most part. One of my comments on Facebook was that I do not recall being in
one place with thousands of more or less drunk people who are behaving so
peacefully. In the two hours of walking around, I did not see a single fight
or anything even approaching one. Last call is early, at 10:30 pm (although
one must consider that the start is early as well), and everyone heads to
the U-Bahn or S-Bahn and takes the train home, assuming they remember the
station at which they need to get off :-)

https://www.greatpix.eu/Oktoberfest-2019/

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman

Alicante, Spain