Subject: [Leica] How to capture gloom
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2019 17:09:38 -0500

A couple things, you could copy a middle exposure image and the lay it down
in PS three times in layers, then make one layer so you?re happy with the
highlights, another with the middle tones, and the final layer you can set
for the dark parts. You can then use the automation to essentially HDR the
shot.

Another technique I like better and use often is pretty much the same
setup, then I selectively erase parts of layers to reveal the exposure I
like.

Takes time, but it?s a lot of fun, and you can get it to your vision of how
the scene appeared to you.

SonC