Subject: [Leica] How to capture gloom
From: abridge at mac.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2019 13:32:08 -0700

Last week I was shooting in a redwood forest that was, for the most part,
quite dark and yet there was also quite a bit of light in areas. In another
location the entire forest was in deep shade and in another I was walking
down a narrow defile with bright sky overhead but shooting wide open I was
still at ISO 1600.

None of my photos convey what I saw in any of these cases. I tried pushing
the exposure down which didn?t do the job. And I have played with the images
in Lightroom, Photoshop to little effect. That sense of darkness and light
just isn?t there.

Any ideas about how to capture this? I?d appreciate your thoughts.

Adam Bridge
Davis, CA

Replies: Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] How to capture gloom)
Reply from sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter) ([Leica] How to capture gloom)