Subject: [Leica] First pictures from my new Q2
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2019 08:46:24 +0530

The menu problem is easy to fix. Set it once and forget about it. For Nikon
and Fuji at least, cheat sheets are easily available online for different
uses (sports, wildlife, street, snapshots, studio, landscape, etc etc).
Check if they are available for the Q2 as well. Using these to set up the
camera has two advantages - relatively painless set up, as well as an
understanding of the menu and its structure.

Most camera bodies nowadays have a separate sub menu where we can place
frequently used adjustments - just set it there, and exclusively use that
sub menu, with only, at most, 3-4 items.

On my Nikon bodies, most programmable buttons are programmed for different
modes of autofocus, because these cameras are generally only used in the
wild, where the AF requirements can change in a jiffy. One of them,
however, will activate the "My Menu" setting. The "My Menu" has the "Auto
ISO" settings, which is the only setting I will keep fiddling with, and the
"Format" setting only. Nothing else, no confusion.

Cheers
Jayanand