Subject: [Leica] We were in the "Room Where It Happens"
From: richard at richardman.photo (Richard Man)
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2019 01:15:11 -0700

So I am a HUGE Hamilton (a phenomenally successful musical from Lin Manuel
Miranda) fan, listening to the CD tons of times. However, as the cheap
seats are $100 (which gets you to next to a pillar) and good seats are
$400, we couldn't afford that. So I cry a little every time the commercial
of the musical comes on. Ah well. Since Jan this year though, every day I
dutifully enter my name into the Hamilton lottery, and every morning after
that, I would receive a notification that "It's only a matter of time,
sorry you didn't win!"

... until last Saturday. I was at a gas station, and received a
notification that I WON!!! I had less than an hour to claim the tickets for
$10 each (US ten dollar bill has Hamilton on it, so the tickets are
"HamForHam")!!! Of course I paid immediately and last Sunday, we got to see
the show! We were at Orchestra P, right at the edge so missed a little bit
of the actions on the extreme right hand side of the stage, but it's
everything I expected and more. Such a great show.

Here are couple photos from the M9
The Orpheum is where it is playing in SF. You can see a Muni bus and
trolley cable, iconic items of SF
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/richardman/20190915-L1001914.jpg.html

My wife buying a T-shirt!
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/richardman/20190915-L1001919.jpg.html

She didn't really listen to the music before, but I told her the story, and
she is now a FAN.

This is possibly one of the finest musical productions ever. If you ever
get the chance and $$$ to see it, highly recommended.

--
"Some People Drive, We Are Driven"
https://richardman.photo