Subject: [Leica] IMG: Waiters, Bath 1997
From: lluisripollphotography at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll)
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2019 00:18:39 +0200

Gerry,

I really like this one, in my opinion it contains all the elements to make a
good street photo, the moment, the composition, it?s fun, it shows some
particular scene.

Seeing it I come back again to some of my thoughts of the actual street
photography, maybe it is finished in the terms that the classic
photographers we see, If it is not dead, what I do think is that it is
languished a lot. I see my archives from the 90?s, like yours, plenty of
particular charachteristic images, but actually I find much more difficult
to find the originality and images with a special charachter like it was in
the past, today many of the wonderful pictures from i.e. Doisneau would not
have been possible. The World has become globalized and our societies more
uniform everywhere. At least is what I think and found on my everyday life.

Cheers
Lluis