Subject: [Leica] observation about LUG message traffic
From: richard at imagecraft.com (Richard Man)
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2019 14:35:17 -0700
References: <83248f2e4f4cce647cd272d75dfa19c4@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us> <50455373-35D2-4B6E-ADB7-C7E3817860B4@frozenlight.eu> <619A615F-42AC-443A-A8ED-E13D0AA68995@gmail.com> <CA+yJO1CS=hstxyOhSjeD+RNDV9uZsuesGD-0ti8Cfko74zqyXQ@mail.gmail.com> <CAFfkXxshqzjK-yguJjjwZ8ic8yhsf0Lo7=yyr7+4VJck5b=m7Q@mail.gmail.com> <CA+yJO1DtHYzDT3Q+5j3neSaNJcZjEOWbXDahDzKKLj+WkMtKpQ@mail.gmail.com> <e2cc03ac-9307-a515-c1be-48ff80e9a9f3@summaventures.com>

One peculiar thing about LUG mail is that a small number of people posts
replies as separate messages. I am not complaining about them, so please do
not take offense. I am just voicing an observation. Anyway, I am wondering
whether it's because they are digest readers, so hard for them to reply to
a mail message.

With a modern mailer, threaded messages are quite easy to navigate. Lots of
separate messages are not a problem per se, but do take up more screen real
estate.

If the above is correct, then perhaps reducing the number of emails ("thank
you"), may allow more people to read the messages singly rather than digest.

BUT please - if what you do works for me, don't change just because of what
I wrote here.

--
// richard http://imagecraft.com
Beyond Arduino - When you're ready to get serious...

Message from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] observation about LUG message traffic)
Message from lluisripollphotography at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll) ([Leica] observation about LUG message traffic)
Message from tmanley at gmail.com (Tina Manley) ([Leica] observation about LUG message traffic)
Message from sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter) ([Leica] observation about LUG message traffic)