Subject: [Leica] Wondering
From: billclough042541 at gmail.com (Bill Clough)
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2019 21:49:37 -0500

USA
TEXAS
VICTORIA

HI there--

   I have been a LUG member and have been posting photographs since 2000.
Finally, I sold the Leicas because I was finished with shooting film.

   But the cost of any Leica digital camera was -- and is -- way absolve my
pay grade.

   I have continued to post to the LUG because of my almost 20-year history
and, more importantly, I believe the LUG have evolved to being a family of
photographers devoted to shooting pictures in the Leica philosophy. In that
case, it is not that I abandoned Leicas;, it abandoned me with its pricing
aimed at doctors, dentists and stock market brokers.

I don;t contribute as much as I should because of my work as an editor and
journalist. But, when I manage to capture a frame I think suitable, even if
with an iphone, I post it.

I will continue this practice until requested not to.

I long for the day of the LUG yearbook. It has not evolved; it disappeared.
And, like the diminishing membership and postings, that is sad.
.
?Bill

Sent from my iPad

Replies: Reply from imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry) ([Leica] Wondering)