Subject: [Leica] Pray for Hong Kong
From: ken at iisaka.com (Ken Iisaka)
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2019 13:23:26 -0700

The growth of the Chinese economy has been on the brink for quite some
time, and there is a great deal of fear that the growth will soon
reverse its course abruptly.

So, you see a lot of assets flowing into the US and Canada (quite
illegally, may I mention) to be laundered and kept safe(er) in the US
and Canada. Sellers of luxury goods and real-estate brokers in
California and British Columbia have been doing very well.

China is being cornered right now. The trade war with the US is doing
a lot of damage to the world economy, and everyone is suffering,
though some sectors are in a more precarious situation than others.
Collapse of the economy in China would be a very bad thing for its
rulers.

I thought it was hilarious when I was told that pro-Hongkong
demonstrations in Toronto and Vancouver were interrupted by a parade
of Ferraris, Lamborghinis and other luxury cars, with giant red flags
draped over them. The protesters were drowned by the sound of the
revving engines.