Subject: [Leica] Theosophical Society Grounds
From: hcummer at gmail.com (Howard Cummer)
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2019 09:12:35 -0700

What an interesting place - and the 90 performs as one would expect in your
hands.
Is there a particular religion attached to the Society?
Thanks for sharing,
Howard

Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2019 15:59:45 +0530
From: Jayanand Govindaraj <jayanand at gmail.com <mailto:jayanand at
gmail.com>>
To: Leica Users Group <lug at leica-users.org <mailto:lug at
leica-users.org>>, PSM
        <psm-1857 at googlegroups.com <mailto:psm-1857 at googlegroups.com>>

One of Chennai's green areas, the Theosophical Society, formed in the
1880s, has maintained its community in verdant surroundings, and not
succumbed to the easy lure of selling its 260 acres for development. It is
a private area, and permission is required for entering and photography.

Unfortunately, when I went in a few days ago, I stumbled into their
junkyard, which I found fascinating, and spent some time photographing the
stuff lying around. It is unfortunate that after photographing this
bonanza, the thought of doing run of the mill macros, for which most
photographers come here, did not appeal to me! It is also ironical that in
one of the more naturally green communities in this city that I ended up
posting urban decay, but that is how it goes. There is always a next time!

All photographs with Fuji X-T2 with XF90mm f2