Subject: [Leica] Eagle from the deck
From: hcummer at gmail.com (Howard Cummer)
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2020 20:40:31 -0800

When I got up from my nap this afternoon I was very surprised to see an
eagle sitting on a tree branch a 100 yards or so from my cabin deck.
I had the Nikon Z7 with the 200 - 500 VR zoom plus extender sitting on a
tripod in the living room. All I had to do was slowly open the door to
the deck and pivot the camera around:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Canada+2020/Birds/DSC_4483.jpg.html

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Canada+2020/Birds/DSC_4483.jpg.html>

The eagle was looking up and there was a turkey vulture higher up in the
tree above.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Canada+2020/Birds/DSC_4543.jpg.html

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Canada+2020/Birds/DSC_4543.jpg.html>

The Turkey Vulture looking down on the eagle.

Please shift right to see additional images including direct eye contact
between me and the eagle.

It finally flew off - in a blur - due to the 1/80 shutter speed on the Z7.

The 200 - 500 VR, which seemed exceptionally sharp on the D500 looks a
little soft on the Z7. At least the photos required a lot more
sharpening than I usually apply to a D500 image. I have ordered the 70 - 200
Z lens and will see how it performs.

May be viewed large if you like. Recommended in fact.

C&C always welcome.

Howard

Replies: Reply from abridge at mac.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] Eagle from the deck)
Reply from cartersxrd at gmail.com (CartersXRd) ([Leica] Eagle from the deck)