Subject: [Leica] Fwd: IMG: Chateau 61 Revisited
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2019 14:14:32 +0100

Ahhh, d'Yquem is a wonderful wine, Peter. What year is it? It is a
marvellous chateau to visit. I was there in 2010, but have none of its
wine at the moment. However, my wine club still has three bottles of '97
d'Yquem currently, but we'll probably be buying another case shortly -
probably of 2008 as that was in barrel when we visited.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DouglasBray/France/France2010/cellar_dyquem.jpg.html

However, we do have a number of cases of other Sauternes, like Rieussec,
Suduiraut, Guiraud, Climens, d'Arche, Raymond Lafon, Rayne Vigneau,
Filhot, de Malle, Lamothe-Guignard, and, of course, Coutet.
Incidentally, d'Yquem make a wonderfully complex dry white which we've
had a bit of in the past.

Incidentally, while we were visiting, a young guy was added to our
party. You can see him here
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DouglasBray/France/France2010/d_Yquem+2010+-+Vincent+Terry+Ann.jpg.html

He told me he played "a bit of rugby" and turned out to be Nicolas
Sanchez the star Argentine rugby outhalf who was about to sign up for
Bordeaux. Never realised how good he was until the 2015 World Cup!!

Douglas
Very former and very poor rugby player