Subject: [Leica] Editing
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2019 14:38:34 +0100

Tina,

I read this last night and have thought about it quite a bit since. Here
is my 2p-worth.

The temptation with todays storage costs is to save the lot and WTH! But
the rea question is: are you editing for yourself? for posterity? for
work? forp...

Once you have made that decision then do as Don suggests; but don't
throw the others away. Make a drive called "For..." (fill in as
appropriate)  and edit onto that in much the way that Don suggested.

This way you have an archive PLUS your choice for whatever purpose.
Things may appear to have a very different value in a few years time.
Recall that your pictures of tradesmen in Iran may just have been taken
because they were "quaint" (supply your own term if you wish), but now
they are historical documents of some considerable documentary worth.

To actually make the selection, follow Maggie's advice.

Peter

--

Dr. Peter Dzwig

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Editing)