Subject: [Leica] Watch out for Feds
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2019 06:22:08 -0500

That impression is indeed unfortunate.  I spend a large amount of time in
the byways of the southern states, especially the smaller towns.  I have
never seen better mixing and association(s) between people of all
descriptions.  And yes, I do spend time with some rabidly conservative
types.  I won't make this a long essay but will make two broad statements.
First, almost universally, Americans approve of hard work and talent:
rubbing shoulders with the peach picker at the market causes no conflict.
Some conflict may occur when an actor or rap musician is seen but that is
all wanting to invade privacy for the chance for contact.  The second point
is that there is a growing intolerance for different levels of justice.  We
just reformed some brutal laws that disproportionately incarcerated inner
city youth.  But that also applies to acts that are illegal for some but
not others.  We are in the process of figuring out where we as a country
want to be.  As a large, very rich country with aggressive news broadcast
worldwide everyone in the world is seeing that mostly peaceful discussion.