Subject: [Leica] Sam Hyde - Hyde Brothers Books
From: chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Christopher Crawford)
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2019 18:05:03 -0400

I just learned that Sam Hyde died yesterday. Sam was the owner of Hyde
Brothers Books, an incredible used book store in Fort Wayne, Indiana. I've
been buying books from Sam since I was young, and probably half of the 2000+
books that I own came from Hyde Brothers.

Sam was one of the kindest and most generous people I knew. When I was a
young artist, struggling to make enough money to live, he often gave me
books that he thought I would like. He also loved Cats, and always had one
or two of them living in the store at all times. I?ve posted several photos
of the cats here over the last few years.

This is so sad. Here is a photograph that I made of Sam behind his counter
12 years ago. Notice the ball of fur curled up in front of him!

http://chriscrawfordphoto.com/chris-details.php?product=159

--

Chris Crawford

Fine Art Photography