Subject: [Leica] Highlands PAW 27
From: john at mcmaster.co.uk (John McMaster)
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2019 16:36:52 +0000

All photos taken from around home this week, some excitement!

We had a young woman come up asking to phone the emergency services as
someone was injured in the water at the bottom, apparently with a cut to her
head and not able to walk.  A couple of paramedics arrived, a very
overweight  man and a trainee woman.  They were perturbed to find that they
had no mobile coverage and their radios had no signal...  The man said that
they were not walking down to see what condition the woman was in, they had
to carry a defibrillator and a large rucksack between them, but it did not
look like he could make the climb....  So he called the coastguards from our
phone.  The volunteer coastguards started to arrive and took a stretcher
down, and gave the paramedics a radio so that they could talk to each other.
 The paramedic had called in a helicopter, it would come from Shetland or
Inverness so +100 miles away.  We started to hear the chopper arrive and it
was using a lot of power to just hover, they winched down a SAR paramedic.
Then the local coastguards carried the woman up on the stretcher and into
the ambulance.  Talking to the helicopter pilot, he did not have enough
power to safely go upwards after the rescue, so would have had to move out
of the cove first and did not want to risk more injuries.

In the end it seems that it was a local woman in her 60s (and not very
athletic looking) who decided to try and clamber around on wet rocks, she
damaged her arm in some way that but that seems to have been the extent of
injury.  So two paramedics with an ambulance, four coastguards with their
4x4 and a helicopter and crew from Inverness......

Other shots are of the Moray Firth and one real dog (cropped phone pic)

https://johnmcmaster.com/PAW/2019/27/

C & C welcome

john

Replies: Reply from cartersxrd at gmail.com (CartersXRd) ([Leica] Highlands PAW 27)