Subject: [Leica] IMGs: South of France Part Two
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2019 12:14:14 +0100

Here's a link to the remaining photographs I took while over in France.
They include some from Cannes, Antibes, and from Juan-les-Pins where we
based ourselves. As Have-Nots, we mingled amongst the Have-Yachts and
discovered that indeed the rich are different: they have more money...

Unfortunately, I didn't bother bringing any other camera than my fixed
lens Fuji X100S, and the option to have fitted longer lenses would have
been useful, but then again it wasn't a photographic holiday, more a
relaxing break. So I didn't get close up photos of Roman Abramovich's
Eclipse - the second biggest yacht in the world, or the amazing
plaything of Andrey Melnichenko - Sailing Yacht A with its 300 feet tall
masts, nor the gorgeous Talitha G owned by the Getty family as all had
to remain distant objects.

Amusingly, we were wandering around the church and castle at the top of
Le Suquet and I noticed a couple of young fellows in their twenties or
early thirties who had Canon gear with long and heavy lenses. They were
taking peripheral shots of the area, so I asked them were they from a
camera club. They turned out to be doing establishing shots for an
American sports interview show hosted by someone called Bensinger and
were going to interview the owner of the Washington Redskins, a Mr.
Snyder on his brand new 305 foot yacht - the Lady S - which was moored
below us in Cannes harbour. While my knowledge of American football is
limited to the O.J. Simpson car "chase", I am interested in boats, and?
leaned over and took a shot, but, with a 35mm equivalent lens, it looks
like a speck. Anyway, it's here in this group of images, so start at
this one and click right.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/DouglasBray/France/Cote+dAzur+2019/Antibes120619+Before+-+La+Joie+de+vivre+by+Picasso+at+Muse__+Picasso.jpg.html

Comments welcome

Douglas

PS some of these yachts are quite amazing and worth a google.

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] IMGs: South of France Part Two)