Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAD 23/5/2019: Campello Cats
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sat, 25 May 2019 09:22:36 +0200

During my enforced week of rest, I suffered severe bouts of cabin fever, and
so on Thursday morning I drove to the small harbour of El Campello, about 6
km north of my house, to see what it would look like on a weekday morning. I
usually come there on weekends, when the fishing boats are all in the
harbour. This time, they were all out at sea, but on the other hand there
was some work going on which meant that the gate to the fenced-off part of
harbour was open, allowing me to walk in and check on the kitties who live
there.

This one was not afraid at all; he sauntered up to me to have his fur
stroked:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-rV877dL/A

A kitty at rest. The fishing harbour is a great place for these cats. There
are soft, comfortable things to lie down on, there is shelter when it rains,
and there is a steady supply of food, both fish and proper cat food that the
fishermen and other workers at the harbour give to them:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-t5mVfh9/A

Most of the cats are not afraid of people, but this one was ultra-careful.
He looked at me warily through the gap in the fence, and when I took this
photo and began to slowly approach to get a closer view, he scurried away:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-v5dZrKt/A

It was good to get out and good to see that the harbour kitties are still
there, thriving.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman