Subject: [Leica] Tank Man
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Thu, 2 May 2019 08:50:12 +0530
References: <1484577085.454.1556621772271@wamui-gaston.atl.sa.earthlink.net> <04fc3618-48aa-5dee-c19a-b929e428bba2@iol.ie> <CAH1UNJ02A0JEmaDB6sKvtRVtDQ08-N8Q8hGciZVGJCGU8VqbHA@mail.gmail.com> <LO2P265MB1247AE3FC88B4B837702A389F93B0@LO2P265MB1247.GBRP265.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM> <CAH1UNJ2cWsYvY09k-Ynuu1VJ8j38hcyfw-ZAs1AH95Tbuo5-hA@mail.gmail.com> <CAF8hL-ErOrcTa+noS+PDjc6VqOym7=2RwBs20b+JQazvksn10g@mail.gmail.com>

Richard,
I agree that the camera used does not matter at all, though it does seem,
according to published reports, that none of the five were using Leica .
The short film is also very well made, no questions about that.

What does matter, though, is that, firstly, it seems that Leica did not
even do elementary due diligence. Secondly, they were passing off a
situation in which they were no way involved as if they were. Finally, and
most importantly, the awful idiocy of imperiling the access to your main
market, for any reason whatsoever, is the height of managerial
incompetence, especially for no other benefit but an advertisement.

Studying companies and corporate behaviour is what I have been trained to
do as a professional all my working life. I have made a living by betting
my own capital based on my assessments. My reading of this situation is, by
default, superficial, based on published information. If Leica had a deeper
reason for releasing the short film, I am not clear about it, and if anyone
can give me the same, I am quite willing to change my mind.

Cheers
Jayanand

Replies: Reply from richard at imagecraft.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] Tank Man)
Message from imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry) ([Leica] Tank Man)