Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAD 22/4/2019: Marek and Tamara
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2019 21:14:19 +0200

Yesterday was my last day in Copenhagen, with my flight leaving at 4:30 pm.
After my sister and I checked out of our hotel in the morning, we went to
the place of our friends Marek and Tamara. Two remarkable people, who came
to Denmark around the time as my parents and me (early 1970s). They are now
in their late 60s. As far as I can remember, they have spent countless hours
on volunteer work among the Polish Jews in Denmark, most of whom are now in
their 80s and 90s, with their numbers rapidly dwindling. On a personal
level, they were of enormous help to my parents when they moved to
Copenhagen from Aarhus in the late 1980s, and especially to my father during
the 3 years he lived alone as a widower. In short, two wonderful people.

While we chatted before going to lunch at a nearby restaurant, I took a few
portraits of them with the 90mm Tele-Elmarit mounted on my Fuji XE2. It was
quite fitting to use a lens that manufactured around the time we started our
new life in Denmark about 45 years ago.

Marek, in a serious moment:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-LZKqSqC/A

Tamara, smiling: