Subject: [Leica] Last Tango in Sicily
From: j2m46 at hotmail.fr (Jean-Michel Mertz)
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2019 17:04:35 +0000

Very interesting set. The cat is for sure a veteran street fighter! JM

Jean-Michel Mertz
68750 - Bergheim

________________________________
De : LUG <lug-bounces+j2m46=hotmail.fr at leica-users.org> de la part de
Peter Klein via LUG <lug at leica-users.org>
Envoy? : samedi 6 avril 2019 08:15
? : lug; olympus at thomasclausen.net; leicareflex at freelists.org
Cc : Peter Klein
Objet : [Leica] Last Tango in Sicily

Here are photos from our last full day in Castellammare del Golfo. After
that we flew home.  But never fear, I still have a couple of unseen
folders from the day trips we took in Germany during the Leica Society
meeting, so please continue to "watch this space."

Ice cream in a brioche.  Very tasty, very filling, very fattening.
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/40580331283/in/dateposted-public/>

Father and daughter:
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/46630794485/in/dateposted-public/>

In our hotel bar, a c. 1953 Italian-made Eterphon console
radio/phonograph, which cover both the standard broadcast and
international shortwave bands. It's calibrated in meters rather than
kilocycles.
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/40580331103/in/dateposted-public/>

A veteran of many street fights, it appears:
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/46630794295/in/dateposted-public/>

A square with fountain and lamps at dusk. For theater buffs, the
building in the background is "Circolo Didattico Luigi Pirandello." I'm
not sure if this is a school named after the famous playwright, or an
institute devoted to studying him.
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/40580330963/in/dateposted-public/>

The town's main pedestrian street in the moonlight
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/46630794165/in/dateposted-public/>

And an arial view of the Alps on our way to Frankfurt for the flight
home.  Our plane's apparent path (Palermo to Frankfurt) crossed the
Italian-Swiss border. If anyone can identify the valley or mountains in
the picture, please let me know.
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/47546254561/in/dateposted-public/>

Olympus E-M5 and Panasonic 20/1.7.  Enjoy!

--Peter