Subject: [Leica] Ranthambhore
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2019 06:53:51 +0530

Jean-Michel, Jim, Sonny, Howard R, Ric

Thanks for looking

Jim, All big cats, except for the lions, are solitary, so this transfer of
territory happens quite frequently. The dominant tigress of an area will
shoo her girls off at around 22-24 months of age, and the dominant male
will do the same to the young males, though they might stay on with the
mother till they are 30 months old. Separation normally happens during the
monsoon when there is abundant prey around.

Cheers
Jayanand